Deputy Headteacher St Bede’s Catholic Primary School
Closing Date: 16 May 2022 (Vacancy Closed)
Salary: L9 (£51,402) – L13 (£56,721)
Deputy Headteacher Vacancy
(Permanent – Full Time)
Required for September 2022
Group 2 NOR 207 (+ 26 morning place Nursery pupils)
Salary Range L9 (£51,402) – L13 (£56,721)
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the full time – permanent post of deputy headteacher at St Bede’s Catholic Primary School (please refer to the attached briefing note on the definition of practising Catholic).
St Bede’s Catholic Primary School is an outstanding school based in the centre of South Shields. The school believes in the dignity, worth and uniqueness of the individual, providing a safe, happy and stable environment for all. The school has high expectations and strives for excellence in all that we do.
Our Deputy Headteacher will be:
- A practising Catholic who is committed to nurturing the faith of the pupils and staff.
- An outstanding practitioner who is able to promote, model and share exemplary teaching and learning practices.
- Ambitious and have high expectations of achievements for pupils and staff along with the personal skills to inspire this in others.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, drive, integrity, and excellent communication skills.
- Open to new opportunities and challenges.
- Committed to working collaboratively with pupils, staff, Governors, parents/carers, and with both the Parish and local communities.
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming community of enthusiastic, happy, and well-behaved children.
- A team of experienced, dedicated, and hardworking staff who are supportive of each other and are committed to their continuing professional development.
- A knowledgeable and experienced Governing Board that understands the role of the Deputy Headteacher and provides support and challenge.
- A strong working partnership with other schools in the Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust.
- A commitment to support your continuous professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious leader to support St Bede’s on the next phase of its journey. The successful candidate will have the ambition, drive and expertise to ensure that St Bede’s continues to thrive as an outstanding school and will receive excellent support from the school, Trust central team, the Diocese and partner schools.
St Bede’s is part of Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust which is one of four Trusts in the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. Currently there are twenty-nine schools within the Trust with a plan for this to increase to thirty-four by July 2022. The details of each of the schools currently within the Trust can be found on our website www.bccet.org.uk
To have a confidential discussion about the post with Mrs Carol Devine, Headteacher of St. Bede’s Catholic Primary School, please email Mrs Amanda Griffiths at email@example.com Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Application packs can be downloaded from the Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust website https://bccet.org.uk/vacancies/ Only the CES forms included in the application pack should be used to apply for this post. Please do not download forms directly from the CES website.
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org F.A.O Mrs Catherine Ellwood, Chair of Governors by 9am on Monday 16 May 2022
Electronic signatures will be accepted but candidates will be required to add a written signature to their application when circumstances allow.
The position we are filling is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks.
Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and we expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Closing date: Monday 16th May 2022 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 18th May 2022
Interview date: Monday 23rd May 2022