1 kg Beef mince
2 Carrots, finely diced
2 Onions, finely diced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
25gm Tomato puree
500gm Tinned tomatoes
500ml Beef stock
Oregano or mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
- Collect all ingredients and equipment needed and store safely.
- Place a heavy-bottomed pan on the stove and heat a little oil.
- Seal off the minced beef until browned and separated.
- Add the diced vegetables and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season and add the beef stock and tomatoes bring to the boil and skim off any excess fat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the beef to cook.
- Check that the sauce doesn’t dry out more stock may need to be added.
- Once the beef is cooked check the seasoning and consistency.
- Finish with fresh basil if using.
- Serve with spaghetti or another pasta.